Hook Me Up

Thursday, August 18, 2011

For a couple of months now I have had heart palpitations on and off. A few weeks back, I was hooked to an ECG which caught them and the doctor assured me they weren't serious, but likely related to a cough I had had, and anxiety. They went away for a bit, but now they are back again. The most likely cause is anxiety, but I went back to the doctor to make sure. This doctor is far more thorough than the last and I had blood taken (thyroid, FBE etc) since those being off kilter can cause palps, and she's ordered me to wear a holter monitor for 24 hours next Wednesday.

This makes me nervous. She said that my heartbeat sounded regular, my BP was fine and pulse wasnt too fast so she isn't concerned and offered to treat the anxiety, but I decided doing this first made sense. The upside is I'll have a definite answer. Serious stuff ruled out once and for all, or, a diagnosis and a way to correct whatever's going on.

I won't lie, I'm kinda nervous about all this, but my anxiety makes me nervous about this stuff anyway. I am glad I will be getting to the bottom of it. Onward!

1 comment:

Lib said...

I have had a heart moniter on and nothing happened when I had mine on!! I think mine are anxiety related too. Thinking of you, I am sure you'll be fine!

Post a Comment