Travel Snap Tuesday

Tuesday, April 19, 2011


This week I am going to talk flights! We may not be the furthest country from America, but it's one hell of a flight. It is the 24th longest non-stop flight in the world, according to Wiki. Add to that, I have to fly from Melbourne to Sydney first, and it is one hell of a long day. It's a 14 hour non-stop haul from Sydney to the US. At times, it feels like the little map on the telly of the plane crossing the ocean is going backwards. It's a long time cramped in a wee airline seat.

This is the line for a pat down. JOY. Shoes off, metals out, laptop out, pat down. Security hard core. I suck at keeping myself amused on long flights, as it turns out. I watched some of the movie, tried to sleep, tried to read... It sucks.

What are your tips for long haul flights? What are your must have travel take alongs?



Travel Snap Tuesday comes to you from Little Miss Moi. Go join in!

1 comment:

Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

I am lucky, I can sleep on flights. However travelling with the Sprog means that we just concentrate on getting her to sleep so we can read / watch movies etc.

14 hours is long - that's about Bangkok to London - the last three hours were really painful when I did that flight.

Mr Moi came back to Australia for the Sprog's birth direct from Ukraine - 36 hours and four flights. He was not in a good state when he arrived in Brisbane at 6.30am. And then I dragged him off to an all day ante-natal class. Oh and it was his 30th birthday.

(that makes me sound like a really bad wife, hey?)

Post a Comment