Travel Snap Tuesday

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Here's something I notice about America - they LOVE their bacon. Seriously. Like, it's not just "oh, it's Sunday, let's do bacon and eggs for brekky" kind of love. It's more "zOMG is there anything we CAN'T put bacon in?!" love. For example, though I didn't come across any myself, I am told there is very definitely, a bacon flavoured vodka. Whilst you may initially screw your face up at the very idea, if you think about it, a bloody mary made with bacon vodka would be pretty tasty, amirite??

The other thing they've done, is put bacon in chocolate. Oh. Yes. They. Did.



I was tickled to get this as a gift, and brave enough to give it a try. It really just tasted slightly salty as well as chocolatey, and we all know salt and chocolate are a tried and true match, so it's not as big a leap as first thought. Ironically, American bacon itself, I did not try. I'm not sure why this is, but I'll be certain to rectify that with my visit next month.

The Travel Snap Tuesday concept comes to you from Little Miss Moi :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

mmm Maple bars with bacon bits on top!

FeistyKel said...

What is a maple bar?!

Al_Pal said...

Heh. I think I saw that you got the answer already, but maple bars are like doughnuts that are a solid rectangle instead of a hollow circle. ;p

Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Wow, I think that sounds kinda... Gross. But I am a bacon lover - have racked up three outta four days so far this week! America really is the land of opportunity.

Post a Comment