Travel Snap Tuesday

Tuesday, April 12, 2011




Have you ever come across the perfect restaurant on your travels? I have. This was my dessert at the Antica Trattoria on Russian Hill in San Francisco. It was a cherry chocolate cake, cherry sauce... It was amazing. I had it with a wee glass of real deal moscato. Whilst I was eating it, the sun set over the San Francisco horizon in brilliant colors. I was eating by candlelight with a beautiful friend. It was one of those "need to freeze time right here, right now" moments that you drink in and absorb as much as you possibly can.

I went googling the place so that I could share it's exact address with you all, and I am devastated to read it has closed. What a shame :( The service was so wonderful, it's a definite loss. I'm glad I was able to go there when I did. The dinner of a thousand memories.


Travel Snap Tuesday comes to you from Little Miss Moi.

3 comments:

MissPosy said...

Awww! That sounds so lovely. I love and hate those "need to freeze time right here, right now" moments - you know, like Rory and Dean in the car on their anniversary.

"One of those moments that everything is so perfect and so wonderful that you almost feel sad because nothing can ever be this good again."

Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

I'm busting to go to San Francisco. It's probably not a bad thing that the restaurant is shut - if you went there again, and tried to relive it, it might not be as good - so now forever you have the perfection of this dinner!

Unknown said...

There will be other moments that in their own way will be magical. Each one, like this one, will hold a special place in your heart.

Post a Comment