Being alone

Friday, March 25, 2011

This week, I have been confronted greatly by the issue of my loneliness. Sometimes, I like being alone, it recharges me - I am introverted in this way. But it is that deeper sense of being alone, that I struggle with. Not being able to share the details of your day with someone intimate, to get a hug when you're feeling down. Having someone to share the day with, to touch in passing, sleeping alone... And I guess that is just the relationship part. The lonely goes deeper than that. It's even just missing adult conversation. It's a fear too. Sort of hard to explain and I am not doing a great job of it. It's an ache, it hurts, and it's scary. Most of the time, I am okay, and in the past month or so, I have been coping better. I fill my days with the kids and my weekends with friends and outings. It doesn't solve that underlying sense of being alone, but it gives me hope, it makes me happy, and I can cope again. It's been a long road, but I think I am making progress. It's hard to tell, some days.

I came across this youtube clip this week. It was timely, and it's really beautiful. I am inspired to push on in my journey...

1 comment:

Emma said...

That's a great video!

Post a Comment