Why vegan?

Monday, April 23, 2012

So some of you in twitter land have been considering the 2 week vegan challenge. I'm impressed. So why vegan, you ask? Well, lots of reasons. I have to say I have been having fun simply with the food preparation part since I began. I like trying new recipes, I'd never cooked with tofu before, but look how my first dish came out!



Looks drool worthy right?! I KNOW. It tasted amazing! I'm so excited! And last night I made Vegan Chickies samosas... Absolutely divine. And the big news? EVEN THE KIDS ATE THEM. Okay, well one kid. The 3 year old baulked but the 8 year old devoured them. Yes!!!



Other reasons for considering a vegan lifestyle include health. I have not yet watched the following myself (maybe today? life is hectic!) but I am told it is the best film to watch in regards to healthy living and how veganism offers that. It's called Forks Over Knives. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it if you watch it.

More links to recipes and food ideas coming tomorrow. If you haven't already started, get into this 2 week vegan challenge. Your body (and a bunch of animals) will thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment