Ethical Vegan

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I've sort of avoided talking about the most obvious reason people go vegan - animal rights and ethics. I don't want to get preachy, or overzealous and turn readers off. It's hard to be passionate about something without getting too full on.

The best way I can communicate this, the most effective way, is to suggest you watch Earthlings. Okay, to be fair, I have not watched it myself. I could barely make it through the trailer. So... I suggest you watch the trailer. In fact, I implore you to. Please, don't bury your head in the sand, or ignore what goes on. I know it's easier not to look. I know it's easier to eat meat and not think about where it came from. I know we don't want to know. But please, please, make your choices with all the knowledge. Watch this trailer.

This is the most graphically violent trailer for a film I have seen. And it's real. It's not fiction. It's real. It says all I could ever begin to, and it takes just 2 minutes of your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment