Gardening for kids

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

So, inspired by one of my lovely friends, I've decided to get the kids into some vegetable gardening. I'm thinking a few planter boxes and/or pots, easy and small to start with. Finn is currently into this at school. Each class at his school started a compost bin, worm farm, and took responsibility for planting a different vegetable each. So he is inspired, and keen to teach me all he knows! We sat down tonight and made a list of vegetables he wants to grow:

* Capsicum (bell peppers)
* Spring Onions
* Carrots
* Lettuce
* Tomatoes
* Snow peas
* Strawberries

Quite the summer salad we'd have there! I think I may do some herbs as well. So, I am drawing up some plans for a planter box garden, I think RJ will get the watering can job, which she will love. I'll keep you posted on our progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment