An Atheists 'Prayer'

Thursday, February 3, 2011

So, unless you have been living under a rock, you'll know Australia has had hard core weather lately up north. Major floods, and a huge monster of a cyclone overnight. I was thinking about all the status updates I would see on facebook, the comments on news sites, and the tweets and so on, where people were praying for Queenslanders. I don't pray. But I care.

An Atheists 'Prayer'.

I hope that your inner strength shines through.
I hope you remain safe and secure.
My thoughts turn to those in the midst of fear,
And I hope that it passes for you soon.

May you gain comfort and support from the community: local, nation, world.
May you find positives in the negative.
I hope that you come out of the experience with a greater sense of fortitude and pride in spirit.
Know we'll help where we can, you won't face it alone.

Keep safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment