Post Palooza. Part 2.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday! We lazed in a bit Saturday morning, but eventually got ourselves moving and headed off to catch a train to Bondi. Problem: Trains were not running. We debated a bus, but had no freaking clue how to go about that, so we decided screw it, and got a cab instead. We went to Westfield and were a little early for the booked mani and pedis. We somehow found ourselves in a clothing store... Now, I don't know what went wrong here. We all went in to look at potential purchases, yet somehow, the other two girls ended up sitting on plush chairs offering opinions of the million outfits I tried on. The funny old Ukranian woman that ran the store kept finding more and more for me to try on. So many lovely dresses and tops... It started to get a bit crazy, though. She literally was bringing me everything she had. We had to stop her. I still walked out with a gorgeous new dress, very cute little black dress. Then we went to the mani pedi session. Because my feet had blistered in newish shoes the day before, I elected to skip the pedicure, and watched enviously as the other two soaked and scrubbed and had toes painted pretty colors. Then my own bliss began with a lovely manicure and hand massage. Once we had shiny nails and pretty colors, we stopped for a delicious Thai lunch and then went to Target to get more clothes and accessories for the night out. I nabbed a sweet little bag/purse and a cute black silk roses headband.

Then I thought I had best take the kidlets home a present too, so I shopped in the Early Education Store for gifts. We passed an arts supplies shop and had to stop and get a photo with a guy who had been body painted up to look Native American. He looked amazing, and was very sweet having his picture taken with us. We passed a hairdressers, and Fleur spent literally 15 minutes debating hair extensions. She ended up passing, which was a shame, I reckon they would have looked hot! We then found ourselves a little cheap jewellery store, and chose some bling for the night ahead. Kitted out now, we decided the only thing left on our list was the most essential. Wine. What joy when we found a 2 for $25 sale. 4 bottles later, we decided to head home. Except that then Fleur and I saw a Just Cuts, and wheedled ourselves a hair straightening each. Sleek hair later, we were ready to head back and start to party.

We stopped on our way out for a juice. I was first up and ordered and waited for my name to be called. "Kelly!" they called, and I collected my drink. Then I hear "Rhonda!" and Fleur walks up for hers. Next, "FiFi!" and Anna is collecting her juice whilst I am in hysterics. Crazy girls.

Back at the hotel we indulged in our Zumbo cakes and moscato wine. The room was a chorus of "OH MY GOD"s and "YUUUUUM" - the cakes were amazing. We realised we were yet to print boarding passes for the way home, and were able to access the hotels business centre for free to do so. I decided I had to wear my new headband down. Fleur responded with "I see your headband and I raise you a hat" I replied, "I see your hat and raise you bling" and put my necklace on. Fleur giggled and said "I see your bling and raise you heels!" she said adding bling and heels. Anna said "oh my god, you two, its only the business centre!!" So we clip clopped in heels down to the sweltering no air conditioned business centre and got our boarding passes organised.

When we got back, we finished off the 4 bottles of wine, and realised we needed to get ready if we were to hit Retro before 9pm when the cover charge started. Anna had not really ever worn make up aside from her wedding day, so we glammed her up and got ourselves dressed and prettied for the night out. A short cab ride and we were at Retro. And then the fun REALLY started.

Tame drinks at first, vodka and orange for me. Fleur started a tab on the bar, and we then moved into the DJ bar from the sports bar. Several drinks later, we were doing a conga line through the club. Then I found the blackboard of shots available. It was about then that it started to get blurry... Slippery nipples, and cocksucking cowboys to start. Then more vodka. Then somehow I was on malibu and pineapple. Then more slippery nipples. Then a lot of dancing and singing. We talked to a bunch of guys who ironically, were there on a boys weekend from Melbourne. Fleur and one of them took up position on the free water jugs and poured water for everyone. Possibly, they annoyed everyone by insisting on pouring for them... I somehow ended up being chatted up by Seamus the Irishman, who then kissed me, which was a bit of a shock. Then I met another Irish guy, and his sisters. He was rather chatty too, i recall talking to him about hurling... :/ Everytime he spoke to Fleur she would turn to me and shout: "I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HIM" rofl. Around this time, Anna had had enough and headed back to the hotel. I made her text me to make sure she got back safe. At one point Fleur and I were standing by the bar lamenting our sore high heeled feet, and s guy walked past and looked at me and stopped, and leaned in to kiss me. I leaned back as far as I could without performing a backbend over the bar, and he kept coming so Fleur saved the day with a big shove. LOL. I think we'd probably have stayed until closing at 5am, but by after 2am, our feet were killing us, so we cabbed it back to the hotel. I recall Fleur wouldn't stop talking to the driver... Then she and I took our shoes off, and stumbled into the 7 Eleven for water and chips. Somehow, we made it up to the room, giggling and shushing one another (loudly). Anna was waiting up for us, and was amused by just how wasted we were. My favorite of Fleur's tweets for the night was:

I just scored afree Miskito dhakeser

Which translates to:
I just scored a free Midori shaker.

And mine:
One bot been so dry k in. Ahea

Which translates to:
I've not been so drunk in ages.

So funny. I think we managed pyjamas, christ knows how, before falling into beds and watching the world spin before finally passing out...

COMING SOON: Part 3 of our palooza weekend in Sydney.

2 comments:

baby hopes said...

Oh my god Kell, I have a hangover just reading about it! How can anyone handle that much alcohol in their systems hahaha xo

FeistyKel said...

I have NO idea. We spent over $300 between us... On drinks.

Post a Comment