You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love & affection. ~Buddha
I've been thinking a lot lately, about what my truth is. What I know is right and good for me, even if it isn't for everyone else. Even if others don't see or value it. Sometimes when people reject me, I lose sight of those. My beliefs and confidence in myself is shaken and I am no longer certain of what or who I am. So, I thought while I am feeling fairly in control, I might write a list of my top ten truths. Things I know to be true about myself, no matter what else is going on, or how shaken I am.
1. I am strong and resilient. Even when I don't think I can cope with something, I can. I surprise myself.
2. I am loving and giving. I have a generous heart and I love with all of it. Sometimes it gets me into trouble, but it's true to who I am, I can't change it even if I want to.
3. I am a loyal and true friend. My friends mean everything to me, and I'll defend them and be there for them any time, for any reason. It's a solid part of my character.
4. I am aware. I think things over to make sure the decision is right for me.
5. I want to improve myself and I strive to do so. I try to learn from life. I try to better who I am.
6. I'm a rescuer and a helper. It can be dangerous, but I like helping people less fortunate than myself, or who are having a tough time of things.
7. I am funny! I like to laugh, I love to have fun. I want to be happy. This really isn't a given. Sometimes, and for the past time, I have been miserable so often it has seemed like I wanted to be. I don't. I want to be happy.
8. I care. Deeply. I feel things, deeply.
9. I am passionate. Feisty. Everything I do, I do with gusto. I get feisty and passionate about the things I believe in. I like that about myself, even when it's controversial.
10. I have so much to offer the world. Smarts, friendship, love, honour, trust, respect... If people let that go, it's not a slight on me. It's on them. I am worth it.
Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself.
Thanks to Julie at Beautiful You for the idea. :)